17. April @ 13:00 – 20. April @ 18:00 CEST
The HIMSS Global Health Conference & Exhibition is the most influential health information technology event of the year, where 40,000+ professionals throughout the global health ecosystem meet to build relationships during lively networking events, learn from experts in hot topic education sessions and discover innovative health tech products to solve their greatest challenges.
HIMSS23—the can’t-miss healthcare event of the year, where professionals throughout the global health ecosystem connect in person and digitally for the education, innovation, and collaboration they need to reimagine health and wellness for everyone, everywhere.
- Enjoy world-class education with 400+ general and specialty sessions from healthcare and innovation thought leaders.
- Collaborate with peers on topics from Al and big data to cybersecurity and telehealth and more.
- Discover products and services, connect with startups and other innovators, and network with global colleagues.
For more than 10 years, healthcare leaders from Germany, Austria and Switzerland (D-A-CH) have come together at the HIMSS Global Health Conference & Exhibition.
Monday Lunch & Learn: An outlook on new National Strategies
This Lunch and Learn will provide an exchange between United States and Germany on new digital health strategies and what different markets look at and prioritize. Sebastian Zilch, BMG, will provide an update on the new digital health strategy of Germany.
- Micky Tripathi, National Coordinator for Health IT, ONC, USA
- Sebastian Zilch, BMG, eHealth, Germany
- Moderator: Peter Gocke, CDO, Charité
Tuesday Lunch & Learn: The future of Clinical Information Systems
What is the future of clinical information systems in Germany? What are the pros and cons of a one suite system solution? Will we be moving towards an open platform paradigm? In this Lunch and Learn session we will discuss how the German market is evolving and will count on the perspective from Denmark, a market operated by two hospital systems: a local provider and Epic.
- Antonia Rollwage, Digital Transformation, Charité
- Claus Duedal Pedersen, Director of Sentinel Unit, Sundhed.dk, The National Danish health care portal
- Gottfried Ludewig, Senior Vice President Health Industry, T-systems
- Henning Schneider, CIO, Asklepios
Wednesday Lunch & Learn: DigitalRadar: Insights and what’s next!
The first round of Germany’s national evaluation „DigitalRadar Krankenhaus“ has provided a tremendous wealth of data and exciting insights into the digital maturity of German hospitals. Hospitals are now enabled to develop a digitization strategy and authorities can identify potential for further development – this outcome demonstrates the great value of national digital maturity assessments!
Please join Prof. Dr. Sylvia Thun, Project Manager DigitalRadar from Berlin Institute of Health (Charité) and Prof. Dr. Alexander Geissler, Deputy Project Manager DigitalRadar from the University St. Gallen deep diving into the key results to demonstrate the digital strengths and weaknesses of German hospitals. You will be shown differences in digital maturity in relation to hospital characteristics (e.g. location, ownership, size) and an outlook on further research will be provided.
At the end of the session there will be time for audience questions and we also look at the “what’s next” for hospitals.
- Alexander Geissler. Professor at University of St. Gallen – School of Medicine
- Prof Sylvia Thun. Director Core Facility Digital Medicine and Interoperability. |. Berlin Institute of Health at Charité (BIH)
- Moderator: Frank Fritzsche, Digital Health Advisor, HIMSS Analytics
Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society, Inc. (HIMSS).
+1 (312) 664-4467